Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
>> I'm going to look at how to implement IPv6 in ICS and wonder
>> if support for winsock below v2.2 was actually required in
>> ICS v7?
>
> No, I don't believe ICS v6 and v7 need to support any OSs earlier than
> Windows 2000, since they are long out of support and there is no need
> for them to support new applications.  v5 is fine for legacy
> applications and compilers.

There's an option to dynamically load a different winsock version at
runtime (see properties ReqVerHigh and ReqVerLow).
However loading v2.x requires winsock2 headers, and if we want IPv6
we must use winsock2 API. I think I'll keep these two properties as
dummies, they would no longer work, what do you think?

--
Arno Garrels