> In ICS v7, FTP client performs FEAT command during connect. If
> server does
> not support FEAT command, connect fails with: 500 FEAT: command not
> understood. ICS v7 should either not do FEAT during connect (like
> ICS v6) or ignore its response and proceed.

Connect does ignore the failed FEAT response, since it's the last action
performed after logging onto the server. But you'll need to check
FtpState to ensure the server connected.  Or just do the various methods
separately.  It's debatable whether a failed FEAT command should be
ignored or reported, but I agree it's now backward compatible with v6 or
v7 prior to this year.

FEAT was added automatically due to most FTP servers now supporting it
and it being needed before many FTP commands can be used.

Angus