Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
> The error handling issue is not only FtpCli, but also HttpProt.  I was
> having an SSL issue with URL checker, always got return code 0, which
> I eventually discovered was because the SSL DLLs were not in the
> path.

Even this does not guarantee that the correct DLLs are used.
The only safe way is to overwrite constants "GLIBEAY_DLL_Name"
and "GSSLEAY_DLL_Name" with the full path and file name
before the libraries are loaded. It seems that if the libraries
do not require relocation some already loaded libraries (by
another application seem to be used).

> The lack of an exception or any proper error meant I wasted
> time over two weeks looking for a reason it did not work.

That's strange, detailed SSL error codes are currently
not reported to the component, but at least one error.

In those cases the TIcsLogger might be useful. Log a session
to file and post it to this list if do not know how to read
it (it's not easy).