On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd
<an...@magsys.co.uk> wrote:
> Using old components on newer Delphi releases is always risky, and
> totally unnecessary with ICS since the XE version was available on the
> day of release of XE on both the ICS web site, CodeCentral and the
> companion DVD.

And a huge thanks to Francois and the rest of the ICS team for that.

My suggestion is largely based on a goal that I set for myself during
the time that Delphi XE was being developed.  The current overhead in
maintaining the include file seems excessive, at best.

> A lot of effort is spent testing ICS on each new Delphi release, for very
> good reason.

*sigh*  When in the world did I ever suggest that there was no need to
test against new releases of Delphi?  I'm simply looking for an easier
migration during the, uh, testing process.

But alas, I've got my include file the way I want it.  I'll just be
sure to keep a copy so I don't lose it when I update my ICS source.

Jon