> When looking at the code it seems I could use TCustomTimeoutWSocket
> properties to get the I/O timeout of 5 minutes. What is missing is
> to restrict the KeepAliveTimeSec-timer in
> THttpServer.HeartBeatOnTimer from triggering when some data
>  transfer is in progress.

It will need a new idle timeout property TimeoutSecsXfer to be compatible
with the FTP server, which can be checked in HeartBeatOnTimer without
needing TCustomTimeoutWSocket.

> - should I perform the changes locally in my own code or is it
> useful to include them in upstream ICS?

Yes, make sure you have the latest server v8.04, email the complete unit
to me for testing and I'll add it to SVN once I've updated by live web
server.

> should I add a new connection state "hcIdle" for it

Yes, a new THttpConnectionState makes sense, but do check the code
carefully to see what else is dependent upon it.

Angus