Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
> I added hcSendData a year ago, because initially the state was reset to
> hcRequest before any data was sent, which caused a problem when blank
> lines were sent after a request.
>
> State is not currently changed when a request ends because it's not
> necessary as part of the state mechanism.

I have updated THttpConnection to change state back to hcRequest once all
data is sent. The keep-alive timeout is avoided if there is still some data
transfer going on (State <> hcRequest).

Attached is a patch file to highlight my changes. Also I have attached
a ZIP containing the HTTP client I used for testing the timeout and request
pipelining functions. As HTTP server I used the existing OverbyteIcsWebServ
demo.

I have not added a separate data transfer timeout property yet. Will do so
later in a separate patch.

Best regards,
Tobias

P.S. I tried to send this message with the full unit included but as it
exceeds some message size limit (even if zipped) it is still waiting for
list moderator approval.