In a console application the best practice (not only for TWSocket) is to create a hidden window and an associated message pump. For the rest your application is only a message loop. The program itself you can do in a separate object just as it is a forms application. No need to call MessageLoop or any other sequentinonal thing.

Rgds, Wilfried

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Wilfried