Should I be calling MessageLoop or ProcessMessages?

I now have a working (but horrible) solution:

TService creates a thread to perform the main processing
On the first event this thread creates a TSslWSocket (with MultiThreaded=false) and calls Connect At this point I must call *MessageLoop *(not ProcessMessages) to make the connection
    I then send some data
At this point I must call *ProcessMessages *(not MessageLoop) to send the data After sending of the data I call WSocket->PostQuitMessage() so ProcessMessages exits and the thread can complete its event

Thereafter on further events
    I then send some data
At this point I must call ProcessMessages (not MessageLoop) to send the data After sending of the data I call WSocket->PostQuitMessage() so the thread can complete its work

Note MessageLoop needed after Connect called, yet ProcessMessages needed after Send

Works. But surely can't be right??

--
Regards

Paul Read