To expand on Colins idea of a work file:

What about creating a process which can be passed a list of column definitions
(title,width,datatype, etc) and a set of report data  thenand creates an ODBC
enabled work file which could be accessed by crystal reports with a simple
"SELECT * FROM" SQL statement.