Jerry,

We moved off an HP K460 to RH on an IBM x-series box just over a year ago. We average about 100 - 200+ users, depending on the time of year (pre-registration is a heavy time!), and have had minimal problems with it. Don't recall making any config changes. We're running a dual-proc (2.8GHz), with 2.5 GB memory. The main issue was rewriting our spooler scripts, because of the differences in the way it works (no hpnpf for hitting JetDirect-based printers, address the port directly.)

HTH
Drew

Jerry Banker wrote:

We are finally moving our UV off our Sun Solaris 8 System and moving to Redhat
on a Dell system. Many of you have been on Linux for awhile so tell me, how
was your conversion? Did you have to tweak any configuration parameters? Any
pitfalls we should know about? We usually run around 100 user sessions.

Jerry Banker

Drew Henderson "There are two types of people -
Dir. for Computer Center Operations those who do the work and those
[EMAIL PROTECTED] who take the credit. Try to be
in the first group, there is
110 Ginger Hall less competition."
Morehead State University Indira Ghandi
Morehead, KY 40351 Phone: 606/783-2445 Fax: 606/783-5078