Your syntax is a little off. When you use the seq.file.name, record.id
syntax then seq.file.name has to be a dir type file. You will have to
either create a voc entry for /tmp, eg.:

TMP.DIR
001 DIR
002 /tmp
003 D_VOC

And then you should be able to: MTR.FILE.PATH = TMP.DIR

Or you can OPENSEQ MTR.FILE.PATH:"/"MTR.REC

Hth
Colin Alfke
Calgary Canada