From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Kevin King
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:11 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Saying Goodbye...

I'm with Symeon, if this were Facebook I'd "like" George Land's comment.
 But that brings me to my point: We need to be the ones creating the "next
Facebook" or whatever that is.  Until our applications fully embrace web
technology as a primary infrastructure instead of a bolt-on to green screen
applications, we'll always be thought of as old school.  The only thing that
I see holding us back is the maturity of our connectivity options, and
fortunately, there is some attention being given to that issue.  The
question that remains is whether the lot of us can break out of a lifetime
of green-screen mentality to embrace and thrive in this brave new world....?

And as to dot-net... why complicate the hell out of a good thing like the