You can also use the -s option to have the FTP command read from a script file. Personally I found it easier to use cURL for Windows when doing any kind of file transfer from a Universe environment on Windows/DOS.

Robert Porter wrote:
If you're doing FTP, you probably want the "-n" option on the ftp (no prompt for login)
and then use the "user" ftp command.
We'll build a script for the ftp session and then call it as "ftp -n <scriptname"
Inside of scriptname you'll have something along the line of:
open host
user name password
cd /remote_dir
lcd /local_destination_directory
put (or get) filename
close
Robert F. Porter, MCSE, CCNA, ZCE, OCP-Java
Lead Sr. Programmer / Analyst
Laboratory Information Services
Ochsner Health System

Wjhonson <wjhon...@aol.com> 2/15/2012 6:21 PM >>>

Thanks.  What I was saying was that *if* you DOS /c cmd
And that cmd requires input, a task will be created that never dies, evidently.
Or perhaps it was because the cmd I was trying to use was "ftp" perhaps that's
the culprit that creates the undead task.
Once I killed all the jobs in the Windows Task Manager, the Universe jobs died
on their own.
Before I did that, you could not kill those jobs even in UniAdmin.