On Thu, 16 Feb 2012, Ed Clark wrote:

> If the universe server is on windows XP (or windows 2000/nt or I think
> windows server 2003) you can use services.msc to allow the universe
> telnet server service access to the desktop (there's a checkbox in the
> log in tab). Of course that's only useful if you're a desktop user on
> the server (remote desktop counts as well). But beginning with windows
> vista, services are no longer allowed interaction with the user desktop
> at all

In Windows 7, in the Services applet, if you select a service, right-click
select Properties, and go to the Logon tab, there is a checkbox for "Allow
service to interact with desktop". I am curious whether checking this
makes any difference in the issues being described here.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: r...@anzio.com
 company e-mail: r...@anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com
 street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
                 10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
                 Portland, OR  97223  USA