From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Lunt, Bruce
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 4:53 PM
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: Re: [U2] SB+ screen question

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you - Kevin's book is fantastic! I have
been using it for many years and still refer to it when I need guidance. As
for the problem: Maybe I am using the wrong processing slot.  What I have is
something like this:

LI#   Award     Earned Date     Paid Date
---   -----     -----------     -----------
999   xxxxx     DD MMM YYYY     DD MMM YYYY

I have the LI# field as input but do nothing else with it. I have the Award
field as no input; display only. I have the Earned Date field as input with
a Process After process to determine what to do with the Paid Date. In the
process I will populate the Paid Date if it is not already there. I will
change the Paid Date to be the same as the Earned Date if the Earned Date
was changed and the Paid date was the same as the original Earned Date. If
the Paid Date is not the same as the original Earned Date I will leave the
Paid Date alone. And lastly, the Paid Date field is diplay only.

To me, this means that I have to prompt the user for the Earned Date - I
cannot skip the field until I know if they are wanting to change the field
so I then will know what to do with the Paid Date. If they do not change the
Earned Date then I will leave the Paid Date as it is.

I also put a DISP line showing the value of the original Earned Date and the
current one in the Process After for the Earned Date and it will show
correctly the first time I enter the screen (after I hit enter in the the
Earned Date field.) but it will show after I enter the LI# field, the next
time I open the screen and skip the Earned Date field.

Thanks again,
Bruce