Normally, a web page will create an object, populate some properties, then
execute a method to pass the object and its properties to a U2 program (in my
case UniData).  No problem.

I am working on a new and complicated process and I would like to cut out the
web part of this for the moment and make sure that I have a solid foundation in
my basic code & data.  I have written my main program, and I have written a
very small driver program that simply loads the properties of the object, then
calls the main program.  The problem is, the web page usually creates the
object.

My driver program can "set" a property (simulating what the web page would do),
but if I "get" the property in the very next line, it is empty.  I assume this
is because the object does not exist (though it did not give any errors).

How do I build an object from within a basic program?

Thanks

John