From: David Wolverton
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:48 AM
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: [U2] UniData PreStore to change the KEY of a record?

I am always using what I call 'PreStore' command...

In the AE editor, I need to change  Attb 2  from   A]thisbad]C]D   to be
A]thisgood]C]D  on a list of items...

So I get the list, AE FILENAME and then...

=FIX 2`R/thisbad/thisgood/`FI`=FIX

Viola!  The data is updated.

I have a need to 'fix' a KEY to a record...

Is there a way to use a PreStore command that could do that?  It's 95
records.  Too many to hand edit.  Too few to write a program.  A PreStore
would be JUST RIGHT... if there was a way to do it!

DW