On 28/05/13 20:05, Daniel McGrath wrote:
> You can't 'swap'. What you can do is save it as a new name and delete the old
> record.
>
> If you are doing this on a live system as part of production support
> (hopefully development isn't been done there), make sure you understand how
> code is using that file and lock as appropriate, otherwise you might have it
> double process the same record under different names.
>
> This probably isn't something you can do as a regular PreStore.

Dunno if it would actually work, or quite how you would do it, but my
immediate reaction was ED :-) and a saved command there.

You can put loops in, so you select the file, do an ED *, SAVE newname, FD.

The problem I can see is how to programatically create newname to save
it. Maybe you need to go back to something old-fashioned like PROC!
(gasp, shock, horror).

> Regards,
>
> Dan McGrath
> Managing Director, U2 Servers Lab