From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Mecki Foerthmann
Sent: 29 May 2013 08:25
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] UniData PreStore to change the KEY of a record?

To stay with the picture of not using a hammer to drive in a screw, I would
just write a Basic program to do this.
Use the right tool for the job!
Open the file
Execute GET-LIST
Then a loop that generates the new Ids including checking that it doesn't
already exist, READU record from old Id, WRITE record to new ID, DELETE old
record.
A few lines of code written in less than a minute.
Compile, generate list, run program, job done!

On 28/05/2013 21:59, Charlie Noah wrote:
> Dang, David, you beat me to it. ;^) I was just going to suggest the
> same thing. Just because the OP wanted to use ED (a hammer) to drive
> in a screw doesn't mean that it is the best tool ( a screwdriver).
> Good answer.
>
> Charlie Noah
>
> On 05-28-2013 3:42 PM, David A. Green wrote:
>> I would take my saved list and copy it to a text editor then using
>> copy commands and a quick macro convert the list into a bunch of COPY
>> FROM FILE.A BAD.KEY, GOOD.KEY commands.  Then save it as a PA and
>> then execute it.
>>
>> David A. Green
>> (480) 813-1725
>> DAG Consulting