I downloaded the March 2013 client tools today and will hopefully be able to install them tomorrow or early next week.
So yes, my version of BDT is March 2012 IIRC.

The Metadata Manager is March 13, though.
I just ran the install with the default options, clicked on the program and selected the server already set up with UCI. This worked just fine with Xadmin and BDT and as I said before MDM also connects fine and displays all the UD accounts and files.
But when I right click on a file all the MDM options are greyed out.
All I can do is open the dictionary and maintain that.

And what about my suggestion at the last U2U to make XAdmin use sudo so you can use all functions without having to log on as root? You may be allowed to log on as root on your test systems but my sys admin doesn't give anyone the root password for the production server.

Cheers

Mecki