I am no nuclear physicist but even I know that cold fusion is an urban myth and doesn't work! You need temperatures and pressure like in the centre of the sun to get fusion going.
And that is VERY hot!
The Ajax I know has been dead for millennia and where I come from rest is for after work. :-)

On 07/06/2013 15:51, Bill Brutzman wrote:
Mecki:

Consider using Adobe's ColdFusion as middleware... possibly with the new U2
REST tool.

View = HTML
Middle = CF, U2 ReST
DataBase = U2, SQL

A cool thing about U2 Rest is that... it is fairly easy to leverage existing
UniBasic code... especially Subs.  Rocket has an outstanding three-part
video on how to do AJAX and ReST.  ColdFusion has many desirable features.

--Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Mecki Foerthmann
Sent: Friday, June 7, 2013 9:54 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] How do I get the U2 Metadata Manager to work

I know, tried it and it doesn't work on our setup because BCI only seems to
work if the OS on the UD server is 32 bit.
We were told it didn't matter so they built a Redhat Linux 64 bit virtual
server and put UD in that.
Now if I try to connect trough BCI I only get memory errors.
AFAIK EDA is only for connecting from SQL Server to U2 so no good for what I
want to do.