And if you actually have BCI working on 64 bit Linux, which ODBC driver did you use?
Are there any 'gotchas' when installing it?
In that regard I am totally at the mercy of our sys admin since he is the only one who installs anything on Linux. He installed a 64 bit ODBC driver and from a Linux shell he can connect to the SQL Server box I want to connect to with no problem. I followed the documentation in setting up BCI but when I try to use CONNECT in a Basic program I always get a memory error.

On 07/06/2013 15:57, Symeon Breen wrote:
Hi  - I have udt 7.1 on redhat 64bit and we use BDT ok   ???

Also EDT is for unidata to get access to external data sources like sql
server so that would also solve the problem

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Mecki Foerthmann
Sent: 07 June 2013 14:54
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] How do I get the U2 Metadata Manager to work

I know, tried it and it doesn't work on our setup because BCI only seems to
work if the OS on the UD server is 32 bit.
We were told it didn't matter so they built a Redhat Linux 64 bit virtual
server and put UD in that.
Now if I try to connect trough BCI I only get memory errors.
AFAIK EDA is only for connecting from SQL Server to U2 so no good for what I
want to do.