From: Mecki Foerthmann <mec...@gmx.net>
To: u2-users <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Fri, Jun 7, 2013 12:38 pm
Subject: Re: [U2] How do I get the U2 Metadata Manager to work

This is really all new for me, so you have to excuse my ignorance.
What is EDT?
I know EDA but that is for writing data to SQL Server but not for
reading from it.
At least that's what it says in the documentation.
Doesn't that use replication?

I also have BDT working on 64 bit Linux but how does that help me?

And if you actually have BCI working on 64 bit Linux, which ODBC driver
did you use?
Are there any 'gotchas' when installing it?
In that regard I am totally at the mercy of our sys admin since he is
the only one who installs anything on Linux.
He installed a 64 bit ODBC driver and from a Linux shell he can connect
to the SQL Server box I want to connect to with no problem.
I followed the documentation in setting up BCI but when I try to use
CONNECT in a Basic program I always get a memory error.