From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Van Rooyen, C.
(Christo)
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:32 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] [WARNING : MESSAGE ENCRYPTED]RE: SpreadsheetML and Excel2013

Hi George,

What I do is to explore the XML file. I added a program that will expand the
xml code to be one instruction per line. It also indent the code for easy
reading. It is a windows VB6 program, so good luck to run it on Win8 or Win7.
Set you User Account Control level to allow you to run it.

Rename the .txt output back to an .xml and then try to open the XML. It sould
give you a line number of the error. This help me to find the bugs. Mostly it
is unicode characters in the data.

Sometimes I create a sample spreadsheet and save it as an XML document. Then
parse it trought the ExpandXML program and the explore the code.

SUBROUTINE UNICODE(MYSTRING)

**----------------------------------------------------------------------------

* AUTHOR: Christo Van Rooyen

*   DATE: 06/08/2008

*

**----------------------------------------------------------------------------

***   CALL "TCLPLUS,TCLPLUSBP, REPLACE.STRING"( "&"      , "&"  , MYSTRING)

***   CALL "TCLPLUS,TCLPLUSBP, REPLACE.STRING"( "<"      , "&lt;"   , MYSTRING)

***   CALL "TCLPLUS,TCLPLUSBP, REPLACE.STRING"( ">"      , "&gt;"   , MYSTRING)

***   CALL "TCLPLUS,TCLPLUSBP, REPLACE.STRING"( CHAR(34) , "&quot;" , MYSTRING)

***   CALL "TCLPLUS,TCLPLUSBP, REPLACE.STRING"( "'"      , "&apos;" , MYSTRING)

**----------------------------------------------------------------------------

   CALL "TCLPLUS,TCLPLUSBP, REPLACE.STRING"( "&" , "\&" , MYSTRING)

   CALL "TCLPLUS,TCLPLUSBP, REPLACE.STRING"( "<" , "\<" , MYSTRING)

   CALL "TCLPLUS,TCLPLUSBP, REPLACE.STRING"( ">" , "\>" , MYSTRING)

   CALL "TCLPLUS,TCLPLUSBP, REPLACE.STRING"( '"' , '\"' , MYSTRING)

   CALL "TCLPLUS,TCLPLUSBP, REPLACE.STRING"( "'" , "\'" , MYSTRING)

   RETURN

Groete, Regards,

Christo van Rooyen

GT - Systems Analyst / Designer II

Nedbank Ltd

Mobile: +27 82 925 6301

Office: +2712 436 7264

Location: MenLyn Maine Pretoria - 3'rd Floor - Desk 265