Universe does not have a "coldstart" process within the database environment.

The .rc scripts on UNIX have been mentioned.  On Windows, the Resource Kit has a
service that can be installed called "AUTOEXNT.EXE".  The AUTOEXNT Service allows you
to start a custom batch file -- AUTOEXNT.BAT -- when you start a computer without
having to log onto the computer on which it will run.  I haven't used AUTOEXNT to fire
off processes within Universe, but I suppose the AUTOEXNT.BAT script would need to
wait for Universe to start up, then fire up your Universe phantom.

Tom Firl
Columbia Ultimate