From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Tom Firl
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 12:58 PM
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: RE: UV - is there a coldstart equivalent

Universe does not have a "coldstart" process within the database
environment.

The .rc scripts on UNIX have been mentioned.  On Windows, the Resource
Kit has a service that can be installed called "AUTOEXNT.EXE".  The
AUTOEXNT Service allows you to start a custom batch file -- AUTOEXNT.BAT
-- when you start a computer without having to log onto the computer on
which it will run.  I haven't used AUTOEXNT to fire off processes within
Universe, but I suppose the AUTOEXNT.BAT script would need to wait for
Universe to start up, then fire up your Universe phantom.

Tom Firl
Columbia Ultimate