Friends,

I really have no time for any development, however small, on this.  Too many other
higher priority projects on my list.  These printers are used by many people, however
infrequently, so having the printer attached and driven from a single workstation is
not attractive, though I might be able to get somebody else to do that setup work.  I
don't know how people would like using central workstations for generating labels.  I
suppose I could have an old PC logged into our UniData application and somehow drive
the printer from the server, but I don't know how to do that, though there was a
recent thread that might be relevant.  Yes, I could write an application that would
send the correct control sequences and I don't think it would take much time (only
because I've done a very similar task at another company), but that's not a zero time
project, either.

Guess I'll have to recommend that we just upgrade to a better text printer for now.

Thanks for your ideas, Karjala

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/05/2004 3:14:57 PM >>>
Hey Karjala,

Why not just purchase something like a Dymo SE300 label printer and put it
on a Windows workstation, connected to the network running the U2
application? ...

Regards,
Scott