From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Karjala Koponen
Sent: 05 April 2004 21:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Label printers on AIX and/or Solaris

Friends,

I really have no time for any development, however small, on this.  Too
many other higher priority projects on my list.  These printers are used
by many people, however infrequently, so having the printer attached and
driven from a single workstation is not attractive, though I might be
able to get somebody else to do that setup work.  I don't know how
people would like using central workstations for generating labels.  I
suppose I could have an old PC logged into our UniData application and
somehow drive the printer from the server, but I don't know how to do
that, though there was a recent thread that might be relevant.  Yes, I
could write an application that would send the correct control sequences
and I don't think it would take much time (only because I've done a very
similar task at another company), but that's not a zero time project,
either.

Guess I'll have to recommend that we just upgrade to a better text
printer for now.

Thanks for your ideas, Karjala

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/05/2004 3:14:57 PM >>>
Hey Karjala,

Why not just purchase something like a Dymo SE300 label printer and put
it
on a Windows workstation, connected to the network running the U2
application? ...

Regards,
Scott