> Will,
>
> > Joe I think Zero is an exagerration.
>
> This is NOT an Exaggeration, these are TEST Results from well
> maintained
> SQL Tables.

So you're claiming that the query literally takes ZERO time - or in other
words that MS SQL Server is INFINITELY fast in performing this particular
query?

In fact, I don't believe that's what you're claiming, but your hyperbole is
annoying, as is your response to attempts to gently bring you back down to
earth.

> SQL:
> select count(*) from TableName
> Or
> select count(@IdentityField) from TableName (This is Faster than the
> above)

So both queries take zero time, but nevertheless one is faster than the
other?  Hmmm...

> The above 2 ran against MS-SQLServer instant.
>
> Here is the code, if you would like to test.
> declare @stime dateTime;
> set @stime = getDate();
> select count(*) from CustomerMaster
> print dateDiff("ms",@stime,getDate())

Which proves what exactly - that MS SQL Server can fetch a value from a
table header in an elapsed time that is less than the resolution of your
timer?  Big whoop.

Joe, I have to say I feel sorry for the poor UV programmers who have to work
with you.  Your whole rant and negative opinion of Universe seems to have
been occasioned by the UV programmers forcing you to give them a
comma-delimited flat file rather than an XML file for import into UV.  I
suspect they were perfectly capable of dealing with any data format you were
capable of providing, but made you give it to them in something that was
easy for them to handle because THEY JUST PLAIN DON'T LIKE YOU!  I don't
even know you, the only thing I know about you is what you have revealed
about yourself in your posts to this list, and you already annoy the fsck
out of me!  I can only imagine, and shudder in horror, at what it must be
like to actually have to deal with you on a daily basis.

Sigh.  I given in to the temptation.  Must remind myself:

Please don't feed the trolls.