Ken is correct that we have end-of-lifed ObjectCall - after years of
advanced warnings.
Regardless - we haven't removed it from the product. It is still there. You
can still try to use it. We have stopped engineering work on it.
Epicor does have an open case with U2 support. We are working with them to
try to get it functioning for them. There are a number of sites (including
Epicor sites - if I'm not mistaken - Martin/David - feel free to correct me
if I'm misremembering) where ObjectCall is working with UniData 6.0.x and
AIX, so why this particular system is having problems is under
investigation and likely to be successfully resolved. It does rely on
tcp/ip so the problems may not be with ObjectCall itself.

Ascential does have a new version of DataStage that no longer uses
ObjectCall. I'll let the ASCL folks elaborate if they choose.

Wally Terhune
Manager - U2 Advanced Technical Services
IBM DB2 Information Management Software
Tel: 303.294.4866             Fax: 303.294.4832
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support - Open, Query, Update, Search -
Online!

Don't miss out on the IBM DB2 Information Management Technical Conference
September 19-24, 2004 - Las Vegas, NV

             Martin Canty
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by:                  U2 Users Discussion List
             u2-users-bounces@         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             oliver.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/08/2004 09:00          RE: Objectcall headache...
             PM

             Please respond to
                 U2 Users
              Discussion List

On behalf of Dave, let me expand.....

We have a DataStage job which is still relying on ObjectCall (until we can
rewrite it to utilise the new UniData6 stage), unfortunately, after the
UniData upgrade ObjectCall ceased to function & no matter what we do we
just
cannot get it to work again!!!!

Martin