David Jordan wrote:

> It is a while since I used objectcall, but as far as I remember
> UniObjects has all the functionality and more that objectcall and is a
> lot simpilar.   You should be able to convert the application to
> UniObjects reasonably quickly, unless it is done by some third party,
> possibly quicker than trying to get ObjectCall to work.  They are
> reasonably close in concept that you should be able to replace the
> ObjectCall functions with UniObjects equivalent

David,

I could be way off here, but I strongly suspect that ObjectCall has one
important feature that these guys make use of that UniObjects gets nowhere
near to - it runs on UNIX.

<IMHO>
UniObjects (Not UOJ) is a Windows only piece of COM flim-flam that allows
relatively easy access to either U2 product from the MS toolsets.
ObjectCall had a similar piece of COM flim-flam called EasyX which tried to
do the same thing but didn't manage as well.  When it came to making
decisions about common middleware, EasyX versus UniObjects was a no-brainer.
Unfortunately the rich and robust 'C' API that ObjectCall provided on both
Windows and UNIX got EOL-ed along with the EasyX flim-flam that nobody used,
and the only cross-platform replacement 'C' API available is the extremely
flimsy UniCall that nobody in their right mind wants to build a commercial
product with.
</IMHO>

Cheers,

Ken