Logging really slows everything down though. Sounds like a timing issue from
what you discovered. Your performance may end requiring you to do additional
investigation. But I am glad you got this far. - Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: David Litzau [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 2:05 PM
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: RE: Objectcall headache...

It's fixed!

So here's how it happened.  Turned logging on to level of 9 to see what we
would catch, used objping to test the connection and the error changed.
Nothing meaningful in the log file, but since it was the first change we had
seen, decided to turn the logging up to 99 and found that it worked...no
errors. Tinkered with the logging level and found that 32 seemed to be the
magic number.  Load tested it with DataStage and all seems well.  Maybe
there's some timing issue...but the logging makes it work.

To keep from having to clean up log files, had them change the log path to
/dev/null.

Thanks for the input.

David Litzau