Dawn,

Citrix Server would break DLG (Dawn's Law of GUI) rule 4 anyway, as you would need to
pre-install Citrix client software on most platforms.

BTW Dawn, do you have a mathematic proof of DLG ?

Just wondering, 'cause just like the "Great Date Debate", many may be happy to 'bend'
these rules because they don't apply to the environment they use ?

For example, Citrix has MANY other advantages, especially in larger organizations,
when it comes to issues like securing the desktop, and centralized updates etc.

In Wyatt's case, he can simply install SmartTerm (oops, Windows only product, breaks
rule 1 - hmm, but with Citrix his client 'can' be a Mac ?!!? Your "proof" could be
'interesting' ?!?!) onto his Server, and it then requires no pre-installation.

He can have a link on a web page to download the Citrix client software .... does this
'break' your 'rules', or does it fit ?

Of course Citrix Server/Terminal Server has an important place in larger enterprises,
addressing issues like security, desktop lockdown, patch/update management, software
distribution etc - which transcend DLG

Also with your "rule revision" below, as with the original DLG, you still haven't
included the "J" word, which I believe is an implicit (and understood) requirement for
DLG !?!

Ross Ferris
Stamina Software
Visage – an Evolution in Software Development

---