> On Friday, October 14, 2016 1:18 AM, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunna...@ubuntu.com>
> wrote:

> > Hi Jarno,
>

> The cold truth is that you can't make money from the kind of help script
> you have written. People in this community contribute their work all the
> time for free. We contribute our time and skill, and benefit from
> contributions from others.

Well, there are software developers paid by Canonical; they write code to
Ubuntu. E.g.
Michael Vogt who has written unattended-upgrades and some other apt-related
stuff.

Ubuntu still does not provide satisfactory automatic kernel removal system at
least by default. Many end users still get their system wrecked due to kernels
filling the system. Canonical could do something to help users of supported
Ubuntu releases to deal with the awkward issue easily. Funding my script would
be one such thing.

I also have considered publishing the script, and linking a donate button
somewhere. That way people who have benefited from the script and who maybe are
not contributors themselves could show some gratitude (if they are aware of
such a button). But if I believe Gunnar Hjalmarsson, they would not pay anyway.