On 07/07/2016 09:16 PM, lukefro...@hushmail.com wrote:
> Why on Earth are they first going out of their way to buy Ubuntu machines,
> then installing Windows?

When I asked, they said it is b/c those machines are cheaper. They
already have a school license with Windows (perhaps 500 machines or so)
and they just use that to install school-wide on the (cheaper) Ubuntu
machines.

Yeah, I think it is insane.

What is making this even more difficult is the IT team has no idea what
GNU/Linux is--the guy said, "yeah, [One thing I regret as part of my
profession is that] I don't really know much about Linux."

So, these people have gone their whole lives/careers without much
hacking AT. ALL.

...so, I am doing my best to get them up to speed. I gave them a little
GNU history lesson to begin with.

Devin

--
Devin Ulibarri