On Mon, 30 May 2016 09:17:01 +0200, Set Hallstrom wrote:
>In your case, you don't really need to install a development release,
>since you will probably be more interested in documenting your process.
>And for that we can offer you to use our wiki. All you need for that is
>a launchpad account.

Hi Set,

the Ubuntu One/Launchpad Account is not all you need to edit the Help
Wiki, you additionally need to register to a group. It's explained by
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiGuide#Contributing .

>To allow your students to feedback and report bugs, they will also need
>a launchpad account.

I doubt that artists should subscribe to launchpad, they even might not
have root privileges and perhaps want to use the computer and not
report bugs. Artist should join the user communities. Most computer
users nowadays are used to forums, but it doesn't take long to prefer
mailing lists over forums.

Actually subscribing to
is all they need to do.

However, it's not required, but could be useful to join additional
mailing lists.

Regarding general requests about Ubuntu user space

Regarding general request about the default Ubuntu Studio desktop
environment

Regarding general support for Linux audio

Most important software projects provide their project specific mailing
list. Sometimes the development lists are for users too, e.g. for
Qtractor.

Ubuntu provides a list "between" the Ubuntu developer and user lists,
the development discuss list. This list might not be from interest for
students, but likely for the original poster

>trying to make it fun for the tech-team

It could be fun, but not necessarily is fun for computer experts. It's
better to point this out, to avoid unpleasant surprises. You should
assume that staff of tech-teams is used to work with Linux distros, BSD
and similar unixoid operating systems, but they are not necessarily
used to the Ubuntu attitude, e.g. the unusual usage of the bug tracker.
Anyway, one argument to reduce concerns of tech-teams and school
administration is to point out hat Ubuntu (Studio) provides "Long Term
Support" releases, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS .

Regards,
Ralf