On 10 April 2018 at 14:25, Jim Price <d1vers...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The trackpad was the most promising, but getting hold of a
> suitably large trackpad has proven difficult.

IME trackpads require _more_ precise motor control than mice etc.

> There have been some fairly
> large ones made, but the best looking candidates have been discontinued
> (thanks Logitec).

Such things exist:

https://www.amazon.com/BIGtrack-2-0-Trackball-Buttons-12000006/dp/B0006ZM7VY

More info:

http://www.fentek-ind.com/Bigtrack.htm

Alternative:

https://www.infogrip.com/kidtrac.html

> A graphics tablet would be large enough, so that might be
> another possibility.

Usually these are high-precision devices which might not be helpful.

Re keyboards, we used these for my computers-for-the-elderly startup:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Oversized-Large-Print-Elderly-kid-Child-Computer-Keyboard-Big-Yellow-Keys-/112405647101

Also see:

http://www.inclusive.co.uk/big-keys-lx-p1997

But an overlay with holes above the screens can be a big help for
those with severe motor deficits.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lpro...@gmail.com
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053