Gook,

There are at least two other ways to look at the blood-soaked chapters of our history:
1. Both Obote and Museveni wooed the Baganda and the Buganda monarchy to seize power -each time with disastrous consequences for most of us.
2. On at least two critical times in our history, the monarchy in Buganda committed royal follies by allying with forces that gave them the donkey's thanks. Even when it became clear each time that they were being suckered.

Of course the same can be said of other ethno-political alliances in our dear land. So, I don't see these myopic weaknesses as peculiar to the Buganda monarchy or the Baganda. It's just that demographically and geographically Buganda looms large in our politics. That's why I give the devil (including Obote) his due when recounting our history.

---