gook,

we have been through this revisionist stuff many times before. This is just another attempt to divert us from the issue at hand. But just one simple question: what were you yourself doing in Luweero at the time ?

Kasangwawo

From: "gook makanga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ugnet_: Kabaka to Meet Sudan Elders Over LRA Rebels
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:04:20 +0000

--- Begin Message ---

Vukoni,

I agree with you here, but yet again you should have been in Luwero when him and Mu7 went about preaching about the new change they would usher and the methods they would use to bring about that change.

They, him and M7, hade clearly identified whom their enemies were. Hoes, pangas and rungus where used to kill off all those perceived enemies. A lot of people including my dear old uncle lost their lives in Luwero, and later in the rest of Buganda simply because they were "Bipingamingi" -read Non Gandas!

When they got to Kla, you must have seen how they went about torching any "dark" skinned person they met. In the process i again lost a very dear friend, Mutebi,. His crime? his skin complexion was dark! As they later found out they had actually torched a royal! The method? They tied a tire around his neck and torched it! Chief, it is one of the most painful and inhuman way of dying! To this day i still have night mares! Will it ever end? Shall i ever forget the things that happened to my people in Luwero and in Kla? To this day these people, those who were lucky to survive , have not got their land and other property back!

Now, you tell me what the Kabaka has done to compensate these innocent Ugandans right in his kingdom. let him first settle the problem of Luwero before he can go talk to the people in Sudan.In Luwero i know he has some powers. He can order for those properties to be handed back to their rightful owners and probably also apologize for the role he played in their being treated like they  were not his subjects!

Failure to do this will make me see all his later attempts as nothing but cheap politicking!

Rgds

Gook

"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."- Malcom X