Lasanga: You wrote below,

"It's just that demographically and geographically Buganda looms large in our politics."

Have you ever thought of how to put a balance to the demographic dominance of Buganda in Uganda politics??  My resolution to this demographic dominance is FEDERALISM to all regions of Uganda.  What do you think, Lasanga??

Have you ever thought of how to put a balance to the geographic dominance of Buganda in Ugandan politics??  FEDERALISM is the solution.  With each region holding power to decide its future, geographic dominance's impact will be reduced.  Equal federal representation on the talking table will over look geographic dominance.

What has caused this demographic and geographic dominance of Buganda in our politics??  Unitarism is the driving force behind this unfairness.  Unitarism centralizes most of gov't resources towards its center (Buganda).  We should not blame Buganda for Uganda's bloody past, we should put the blame on our gov'ts that have over and over again refused a federal arrangement for Uganda.  Federalism will make sure that even if one region (Buganda) is wooed by false leaders like Obote and Museveni, the rest of the federation (Acholi, Lango, Bunyoro, Tooro, Ankole, Busoga, Kigezi, etc...) are not affected to the maximum they were when these false leaders make/made their woo-wooings.

Zakoomu R.

Vukoni Lupa-Lasaga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Gook,

There are at least two other ways to look at the blood-soaked chapters of
our history:
1. Both Obote and Museveni wooed the Baganda and the Buganda monarchy to
seize power -each time with disastrous consequences for most of us.
2. On at least two critical times in our history, the monarchy in Buganda
committed royal follies by allying with forces that gave them the donkey's
thanks. Even when it became clear each time that they were being suckered.

Of course the same can be said of other ethno-political alliances in our
dear land. So, I don't see these myopic weaknesses as peculiar to the
Buganda monarchy or the Baganda. It's just that demographically and
geographically Buganda looms large in our politics. That's why I give the
devil (including Obote) his due when recounting our history.