...and Mr. Kipenji, your lack of remorse for the attrocities commited by the UPC and it's henchmen under the leadership of Obote does not help situations either. If there is to be national healing in Uganda on the political scene, then let those who cast the first stone apologise and show some remorse first afterall what is good for the gender is good for the goose. This is what i have been saying, about the UPC making a clean break with there ghoulish past. As long as they don't do that then they will continue to be viewed as a party of the past and not many Ugandans relish the past particularly in Buganda. All these unsolicitated overtures to the Kabaka and Buganda, are useless and infact should be viewed as an insult. As a matter of fact i expect that the overtures will have the reverse effect of solidifying Buganda's support for the President. Believe me if the Kabaka endorses the UPC he will be doing so at his peril.

From: Owor Kipenji <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ugnet_: Re: [FedsNet] UPC on Federalism
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:11:59 +0000 (GMT)

Mwaami Ssemakula,often times a wiseman benefits most from
his enemies that a fool from his friends.
I really do not know where I can exactly place your line of argument
especially so when it is apparent emotions and bile/gall are the force
virtigo behind your outbursts.
Do not think this type of vitriol will somehow help you as an ardent
supporter of Federalism achieve that goal when inwardly you portend
pernicious hatred of an Organization that has many followers and worst
of all that was started by one of your own kith and kin.
Milton Obote should never be the bogey for your hatred of UPC for
like DP and other political Organizations they have membership that
encompass all Ugandans.
I do believe we need to put out our emotions in trying to find political solutions to Uganda's problems.
Your purview to these problems unfortunately is a permanent solution to short term problems.
Your support or lack thereof for the atrocities Mu7 and his henchmen
have committed against the silent majority of Ugandas(minus Baganda/
Banyakore/Kiga etc) is at variance with your outbursts so please stop
justifying whatever your position is for in the realm of what you say,nobody except you benefits from it.
Thank you.
Kipenji.