On 17/02/18 09:45, James Bensley wrote:
>> On 17 February 2018 at 01:15, Aftab Siddiqui
>> <aftab.siddi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> And they also have Cisco like CLI wrapper with ‘?’ help
> It has a standard Linux CLI (by which I mean BASH-like), the "ip"
> command suite has been extended so support all the extra features
> they have built into Cumulus Linux like VXLAN, EVPN, MPLS etc so
> server guys interact with the switch CLI as if were a server and/or
> edit plain text config files in /etc.

If you're coming at this from a Cisco background, almost certainly you'd
find the 'net' command (it's called 'NCLU' in Cumulus parlance) to be
the best route in. It will provide tab completion, and commit/abort
functionality. It works remarkably well.

The good news is that it'll also give you nice, repeatable templates for
whatever automation you decide to achieve. This will save you from those
'server guys' editing text files thinking it's identical to Debian
config (hint: it isn't, it's much improved.)

Tom Hill
Network Manager

Bytemark Limited
tel. +44 1904 890 890