Thanks very much. That helps.

I di try copying the contents of the card in WINscp one time. Besides
taking forever, some files would not copy. What is the best way to make
an image of the card? I have Google'd that subject but haven't come up
with anything that really worked.

Thanks again for your time, patience and most of all the product.

paul- wrote:
> Some of this is a piCore OS nuance, not just because it's linux.
> /mnt/mmcblk0p2   is a physical disk, saving anything to that disk is
> always persistent.  Everywhere else on the system only exists in RAM,
> and thus needs to be backed up to disk be held from boot to boot
> (mydata.tgz).
> It is entirely possible that your sd card failed, such that everything
> on partition /mnt/mmcblk0p2 is now corrupt.  But the only way to know
> for sure would be attach that sd card to another computer to read the
> contents.   If you can do that, and the directory
> /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/.... is not corrupted, then you could copy this to
> the new card, and recover your system.
> In the future, If everything is saved to the sd card like you have it
> today, then the best backup is to make an image of the entire card.

Howard Passman's Profile:
View this thread: