paul- wrote:
> Taskset is supplied by busybox, which doesn't support that.   But you
> can install util-linux.tcz  That should install the full version of
> taskset.
>
> Be aware that Squeezelite starts 4 threads, and it already launches the
> output thread with a Fifo scheduling scheduling priority.   You can
> change the priority level on the squeezelite commandline.
>
> CPU3 should be harmless to isolate.   I don't think that is going to do
> what you want, as I'm pretty sure that spin_locks will still affect all
> cores.
>
> I've been testing an RT kernel, which seems pretty stable.   Latencies
> are under 75 microseconds under normal squeezelite loads.

Hi Paul,

When I check top, one of the cores, mostly core 0 or 2, seems to be
doing the heavy lifting: squeezelite, slimserver, ssh, wifi etc is
always on the same core. ThatÂ’s how I got the idea of giving squeezelite
the love it deserves. I did not detect a sonic penalty or lag with
isolcpus and might as well keep it. Thanks