paul- wrote:
> Gotta love someones infinite wisdom here
>
> All previous pi's  the resistor pulls down=1 and up=2
> Pi4, pull up=1 and down=2
>
> I made some updates and did some basic IO tests...  I think I have it
> working.   Please be careful testing.
>
> pcp-update wiringpi.tcz

What kept you? :-)

Excellent, thanks Paul.  I updated to your version 2.53, and the basic
checks with the gpio command worked ok.

    gpio -g mode 24 in
  gpio -g mode 24 up
--------------------

...sets the value to 1

  gpio -g mode 24 down
--------------------

...sets it to 0

With it set to 'up', shorting pin 24 to GND via an attached button
changed the value to 0.

So then I tried my sbpd command string and my button PCB, and it all
seems to work correctly as it used to on the 3B+, i.e. the intended
functions are being triggered with each short or long press.

So thank you Paul, that seems to have fixed it.

For some reason I can't now get LMS to start on this device, so haven't
been able to test the final step, i.e. that the commands do what's
configured.

    Starting LMS, this can take some time..."my" variable $ipn masks earlier
declaration in same scope at /usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/AnyEvent/Socket.pm line
465.
  Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/slimserver/lib/AnyEvent/DNS.pm
line 1400.
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/slimserver/lib/AnyEvent/DNS.pm line 1400.
  Compilation failed in require at
/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Async/DNS.pm line 15.
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Async/DNS.pm line 15.
  Compilation failed in require at
/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Async.pm line 20.
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Async.pm line 20.
  Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.28.0/base.pm line 137.
        ...propagated at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.28.0/base.pm line 159.
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Async/HTTP.pm line 35.
  Compilation failed in require at
/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Player/ProtocolHandlers.pm line 17.
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Player/ProtocolHandlers.pm line 17.
  Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Music/Info.pm
line 32.
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Music/Info.pm
line 32.
  Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Utils/Misc.pm
line 50.
  Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 229.
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl line
229.

  Slimserver is not Running

I know nothing about perl, but that error doesn't look like it could
have been caused by the new version of wiringpi, so I'll reload the
backed up image onto the SD card and hope it just goes away.