drmatt wrote:
> Tbh you'd have to check which governor is in use, there are several and
> they all behave slightly differently. Generally it ramps up the speed
> quickly but the CPU has to be busy enough to have no idle states between
> clock interrupts for the clock speed to step up.
>
> Essentially though, if the cpu remains 100% busy and you are not
> sustaining maximum clock speed then it's likely that the firmware has
> stepped in to keep the temp down.

Thanks Matt - just spotted this.  I haven't had the 4B in full-time
service for the last couple of days, so don't have any new experience of
the temperature behaviour, but now that my buttons are working again
I'll get this 4B installed in my amplifier enclosure and get some
experience with it over the weekend.