acanning wrote:
> Many thanks for clarifying Paul.
>
> May I ask one further beginners question;
> I'm aware that a firmware update was issued for the Pi4 a few weeks ago
> which is supposed to help with the core temperature, something to do
> with the usb chip I think. Anyway, how should I go about updating my Pi4
> or will it eventually be included in a future pCP release?
>
> Thanks
> Ashley

That is a firmware flash that must be manually applied.  Just open a ssh
session and follow the directions given by the rpi  folks.  The odd
thing is that they have not released this patch in any official way.
There is a link to the thread somewhere in this thread.  I’m using my
phone right now, so a bit hard for me to search for it.

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer