--------------------

> If you do, then perhaps we should be looking into the log file to see
> what's happening at boot to prevent Jivelite from loading.  You can
> turn on all logging with Ralphy's instructions 'here'
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111488-Jivelite-on-Alpine-Linux&p=960815&viewfull=1#post960815).
> Jivelite.log can then be found in /var/log/.  If it's booting but not
> launching Jivelite at all, then I guess that file might not be
> created, or might be empty, in which case the log files in the
> Diagnostics section of pCP might help.
>
> * By the way, if you're using a Mac, I can recommend FileZilla as a
> way to access the RPi - it gives you a graphical interface to transfer
> files.  And if you also install TextWrangler you can set up FileZilla
> to use TextWrangler as the default editor.  This allows you to
> right-click in a folder on the RPi to create a new blank file, then
> right-click on that new file in order to View/Edit it, and it will
> load into TextWrangler.  You can then paste the script in, and there
> should be no formatting differences.

Last message before heading off to work!

I can confirm the following:

1. The sbpd-script.sh script runs fine on the command line as user tc,
no need to run it as sudo
2. With /home/tc/sbpd-script.sh entered in the User Commands in Tweaks,
on rebooting, the Pi doesn't reach Jivelite.
3. With no user command defined in Tweaks, the Pi boots to Jivelite.
Buttons don't work, until I run /home/tc/sbpd-script.sh on the command
line, then everything is fine. All button presses work as expected.

I already use Filezilla, but haven't done so for the Pi.

I'll play some more this evening. Thanks for all the effort on this -
frustrating that it is so close!

Robert

*Home: *Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2  with files on QNAP
TS-251A
Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega
Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare
Pi2/piCorePlayer
*Office:* LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > Raspberry Pi 3
with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob