mherger wrote:

> One more (potentitally important?) detail: the in-situ update didn't
> really work at first. It went through all the necessary steps, but then
>
> ended on the "Ok" message, without offering me to reboot. I re-run the
> update a second time (without re-booting), and this time it went through
>
> - with the aforementioned result. Maybe that hiccup was responsible for
>
> the missing configuration?
>
> Michael

I had the same thing.  I updated 6 players, one with LMS.  3 updated OK,
got the reboot now message and all fine.  3, including the LMS one, got
through the update, but just at at the OK message and didn't give the
"reboot now" message.  When I rebooted them, the LMS one didn't work at
all, and the other two seemed part upgraded, so I just reinstalled the
three of them from scratch.  Sadly, I'm not sure how much use this is as
they were different devices that worked and didn't, i had one 3B that
worked and one that didn't for example.

Thankfully, i had the LMS config backed up, and rebuilding just the
players is easy.  There is something funny in there about the "reboot
now" message though.

pete S