I have some unexpected behavior with pCP 6.0 on a RPi3b+, fresh install.

I use GPIO22 as controlled by Squeezelite Power On/Off GPIO to switch
the backlight of my 3.5" LCD.
RPi/pCP plays music via USB to an external DAC which is switched on and
off separately from pCP/Squeezelite.

When the DAC is on, Squeezelight behaves as expected:
-> Switching the player on and off, both via the server and via IR
remote simultaneously switches the backlight of the display.

When the DAC is off and the Squeezelight player is on, the backlight is
on as expected. But when the player is switched off, backlight stays on,
regardless of the power state of the Squeezelight player.

When the DAC is off, the SL player is off and I switch on the player,
the backlight comes on, and stays on, regardless of the power state of
the Squeezelight player.

I wanted to follow the state of the GPIO pin from the commandline but I
can't find the right value file

    tc@Largo:~$ ls /sys/class/gpio
  export       gpiochip0    gpiochip504  unexport

Where would I find it?